Matthew Smith, DC
Dr. Smith is a superior chiropractor providing treatment and pain relief to patients in the Seattle, Washington 98109 and surrounding areas. He brings pain relief and chiropractic wellness to patients in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere; taking the time to get to know you and understand your recovery concerns. Dr. Smith will discuss your injury with you in detail before designing a multi-disciplinary treatment plan based around your needs.
- Life Chiropractic College West, San Lorenzo, California
Magna Cum Laude, 2000
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Arts in Business, 1986
- Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, California
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Washington State License # 33924
- Board certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 2000
- 50+hours per year in continuing education, attending seminars pertaining to neurology, radiology, physiology, biomechanics, and ancillary manual techniques and therapy.
- Washington State Chiropractic Association
- American Chiropractic Association
- Premera Blue Cross, Regence Blue Shield, Group Health, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, and many others. Please call our office for a complete list of accepted insurance companies.
I graduated from Ashmead School of Massage and became licensed as a massage therapist in 2006. In my seven years, I have focused on deep tissue and injury treatment in both my practice and continuing education. TMJ and jaw related pain is quite prevalent with other injuries so in 2012 I was certified by the State of Washington to administer intraoral massage and have been amazed at the difference it has made in relieving headaches and neck pain.
Life is all about balance and I believe that is true with my practice as well. Deep treatment work can be great for the muscles but I believe energy work can be just as important. My journey into bodywork began in 2000 when I became Level 1 certified in Reiki while training as a yoga instructor. I was shocked at the difference I felt with treatments and continue to be surprised by the positive feedback from clients. Reiki can be done in a separate treatment or included with other massage sessions.